All the governors and staff at Fakenham Infant and Nursery School share an objective to help keep the children safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and taking appropriate action, with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children
The Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) for safeguarding at Fakenham Infant and Nursery School are:
- Mrs S. Gallichan (Headteacher)
- Mrs J.Barker (Deputy Headteacher)
- Mrs P. Bramwell (Pastoral Support Advisor and Attendance Officer)
- Governor with Safeguarding responsibilities – Jennifer Rest
All of the above are contactable on 01328 864511
What is safeguarding all about?
To see how we promote the very best safeguarding practices at our school, here are the links to the relevant policies available on this website.
Behaviour management and bullying are covered in our behaviour policy
Late collection of children policy
We have other policies/guidance such as whistle blowing, staff code of conduct and safer recruitment, these are available from school should you wish to see them.
How do we ensure our children know how to keep themselves safe?
We teach our children about many aspects of safety in an appropriate manner according to their age and stage of development, all as part of a varied curriculum.
Through the EYFS curriculum and subjects such as P.E, Computing, PSHE and topic learning the children find out about such things as:
- risk taking and awareness of their bodies and how to keep themselves from physical harm. E.g safely learning how to use the climbing frame.
- E-safety - keeping themselves safe on the internet.
- Emotional understanding - Who can they trust? Who can they speak to if they are worried or upset? Instilling the language and vocabulary necessary for them to articulate their fears and worries...as well as their pride and achievements!
- Tools to communicate and the beginnings of conflict resolution.
An interesting link about a tricky thing to talk about.
If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to come and see us.