- The children enter the main school in Reception and at the end of that school year move into Year 1 before moving into Year 2 for their final year. Your child will always have his or her individual needs met through careful planning by the class teacher.
- The school building consists of three units designed to house 90 children in each. The Nursery class is in a detached building, joined to the Children’s Centre, adjacent to the main school. Our Nursery and Reception classes work closely together as part of the Early Years Foundation Stage. This allows considerable integration of the children and staff and sharing of equipment and resources. In particular we place great emphasis on outdoor learning.
- Rainbow Class - Nursery
- Red, Orange and Purple Classes - Reception
- Yellow, Teal and Green Classes - Year 1
- Indigo, Violet and Blue Classes - Year 2
- Children can arrive in school from 8.40am. All children should be in their classroom and ready to learn by 8.50am.
- Morning registration will take place at the start of school (8.55am). The registers will remain open for 20 minutes until 9.15am. Any pupil arriving after this time will be marked as having an unauthorised absence unless an explanation given is accepted as grounds for authorising the late arrival.
- Years 1 and 2 have a morning break of 15 minutes. Reception do not have a scheduled 15 minute break as the structure of their day is less formal.
- Lunchtime lasts 1 hour 5 minutes.
- The afternoon registration will be taken at 1.10pm and close at 1.20pm for children in Teal, Green, Yellow, Purple, Red and Orange class, it will be taken at 1.20pm and close at 1.30 pm for children in Indigo, Violet and Blue class. Years 1 and 2 have an afternoon break at 2.20 p.m. for 10 minutes. School finishes at 3.05pm.
- At the beginning and end of the school day, parents are encouraged into the playground. This helps to build up a close relationship between home and school – we want to have good links with all parents. If normal arrangements have to be altered (eg you are delayed or another person is collecting your child), please let us know. This avoids any confusion or upset.
For further information about our late collection of children policy, please click on the link below.