Norfolk County Council LEA
First Admissions Policy
The intake limit for each year group is 90.
Children are allocated places in line with the following criteria:
1. Children with a statement of special educational needs that names Fakenham Infant and Nursery School.
2. Children in public care who are due to start school.
3. Children who are due to start school, living in the area served by the school who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of their admission.
4. Children who are due to start school living in the area served by the school who have no brother or sister at that school.
5. Children who are due to start school, living outside the area served by the school who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of their admission.
6. Children who are due to start school living outside the area served by the school who have no brother or sister at that school.
If all children within any of the above rules cannot be offered a place, the highest priority will be given to children living nearest to the school within that rule.
To determine who lives nearest, distance will be measured on a straight line “crow fly” basis, using Ordnance Survey data.
The address will be measured from the post office address point on the property.
In the unlikely event that distance does not separate the final two or more pupils seeking the last remaining place, a random allocation will be used to determine who is offered the final place.
- ‘School’ is defined as the main school and not the Children’s Centre or nursery class attached to the school. This means that no priority would be given to a child from outside the catchment area who had either a brother or sister at the attached nursery class or in temporary or part-time attendance at the attached Children’s Centre. The address given on the application form will be used to decide the catchment school.
- By law children must start statutory education full time at the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
- If your request for a place at Fakenham Infant & Nursery School is unsuccessful parents have the right of appeal. Parents should contact the Local Authority if this applies